Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ear Piercing

Amy has been asking to get her ears pierced for a while now. I have been putting it off because I knew it would make her look so much older and I am having a hard enough time accepting her growing up so fast. I finally decided that it was time. She was so excited.
They sat her in the chair and gave her a teddy bear to hold. I tried to prepare her. She knew it would hurt but just for a second.
Ready...Set...
first one done...and tears
So for the other ear she sat on my lap. She did so good on the second ear and didn't even cry.
This picture cracks me up. She looks traumatized for life....and then like 5 seconds later we got the picture below. All better!
She was so excited to show off her earrings at school the next day. She loves looking at them in the mirror.

2 comments:

Batistas said...

I pierced my oldest daughters ears when she was a baby and now she doesn't want to ever wear earings so be glad that you waited until she asked you. What a brave girl!

katie said...

oh she is so brave. I so remember the day I got my done. Man things to look forward to with my little one.