Monday, March 2, 2009

Amy's 6th Birthday

Amy had quite a fun birthday weekend. On Friday night she had a friend spend the night. They played with barbies and then dressed up in all Amy's costumes and gave us a fashion show. Then I blew up an air mattress and put it in Amy's room. They ate popcorn and watched movies and all we heard was the giggling in the other room. They had such a fun time.
Goofy girls!
On Saturday we had a birthday party at the bowling alley. I forgot how noisy bowling alleys are and then add 13 five and six year olds and it is crazy. Amy had such a fun time though.

Here is Amy with a few of her friends. Amy is up. She has way better form than I do. For those of you who have seen me bowl...you know exactly what I am talking about.

Here is Amy with her Hannah Montana birthday cake.
I didn't ask the bowling alley if I could light the candles. I didn't want them to say no. I looked up and saw all the smoke alarm sprinklers. You know how in movies they are so sensitive and are set off so easy. I kept picturing them going off just as I was lighting the candles. Thankfully everything went smoothly.
Blowing out the candles.
Opening presents

I was so exhausted after the party. All three of us went home and took a nap. It was worth it though. I think Amy had a fun time.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like a fun party. And lots of great friends.

ps That is one AWESOME cake!

Jennefer said...

You have such a darling girl! And...your cakes are wonderful! What a great talent! It's nice to be in contact with you again... after all of these years...and see your great life! Happy Birthday to your little cutie!