Friday, March 20, 2009

2 Wheels


Last year we bought Amy a big girl bike (it still had training wheels but it had room to grow). She rode around on it a little and loved it but it was a little too tall for her. So she didn't get a lot of practice and she didn't want to try it without the training wheels. Now that the weather is getting better we decided to pull the bike out and get her riding. Yesterday she rode it around for a couple hours with the training wheels still on and today she decided she wanted to try without them. So, I took them off and took her to the path we have behind our house. I held on for a little bit but the first time I let go she did amazing. I couldn't believe it. She was obviously ready and I didn't even realize it.
Sorry about the shaky camera. I was trying to watch her through the camera and walk at the same time and then I was worried about her falling so I wasn't paying attention to keeping it still.
She wanted to go down the hill so here is the first time down. She did it many times after this.

3 comments:

Liz said...

GOOD GIRL! WHAT A LITTLE ROCK STAR! ;)

Shannon said...

Go girl!

Too bad that there's all this snow now! That really put a damper in her riding didn't it? Maybe it will all melt soon and we will actually have a spring!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Way to go, Amy!